Re: [Phys-l] Scientific Method

Your topic is addressed in this month's Physics Today in an article by Helen Quinn.

----- Original Message ----- From: "M. Horton" <scitch@verizon.net>
To: "Forum for Physics Educators" <phys-l@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu>
Cc: "Chemistry Education Discussion List" <CHEMED-L@MAILER.UWF.EDU>
Sent: Saturday, July 11, 2009 4:03 PM
Subject: [Phys-l] Scientific Method

I am helping to rewrite the manual for our county science fair. The section
on scientific method is the typical 7 steps of trying to "prove or disprove"
your hypothesis. I volunteered to rewrite this section and do not want to
start from scratch. Does anybody have or know of a good treatment of good
scientific experimentation that I can paraphrase?

Thanks in advance,
M. Horton