[Phys-l] Some recommendations please

I require a book on lab\practical practises and techniques including error propagation at under graduate level.  We used one at UCL (London), but can't remember the name of it apart from it being very thin...

Also a book on how to go about writing a science dissertation.

Thanks for any advice and apologies if this is not the correct place.  I do not leke to rely on the reviews on Amazon to make a decision
Alex