Re: [Phys-l] Sun's image due to reflecton by not a pinhole.

Bernard,
This reminds me of one of my favorite papers, in which Lord Rayleigh calculated the focal length of a pinhole that had the resolution of a four inch telescope. It is something like 150 miles. One of my students pointed out to me last year that it was Aristotle who first noticed the imaging effect of a pin hole by observing that the spots of sun light on the ground under a leafy tree are images of the sun. This is especially evident during a partial eclipse of the sun when the round dots become crescent shaped images of the partially cover solar disk.
Gary