[Phys-l] Sun's image due to reflecton by not a pinhole.

Intuitively, I think a small plane mirror will act "like" a pin hole. A member of tap-l claims that a large mirror (eight inches diameter) will do the same if the "focal" length is long enuf. (logically meaningless). He then backed it up by experiment. i.e. nice image at 50 feet.

My calcs. (remember I'm maths challenged) predict that image was ~ five inches and (with ray tracing, trig, and algebra) the "circle of confusion the same as the radius of the mirror (what ever the distance). So am I very challenged or is the tapper ...?

bc