Re: [Phys-l] SOLAR , NUCLEAR ENERGY etc.

Right, I just checked to see if I was grossly undercharging my tenant (not) and found the range begins where yours leaves off!

"Yes, that solution (building codes) is buried in all the messages of this
thread. I would think though, that another key is to apply those codes to
any level of remodeling that requires a building permit."

On another thread (possibly this one) someone asked what is the proper role of govt? Leveling the field appears to be one most of us agree. I'm very thankful to the Salinas building Dept. We paid $8K to have two floor heaters installed. They installed one turned around (less expensive) so the flu blocs access to the crawl space. Also, more importantly it was defective -- flame so big it came out the sight glass hole. Finally I put a CO detector next to the furnace and found it was producing a huge amount (yellow flame). This was with the glass removed. With it covered the detector still "registered" CO. So I called PG&E and the tech. "red tagged" it and caped the gas supply. The tech. recommended I go the the building dept. They had a fit because the installers hadn't obtained a permit.
To finish the story the inspector made them turn it around install a new flue and replace the oversize orifice. [for the manufacture's larger furnace?]

bc now happy and loves the building dept. (Taxes well spent.)