From: phys-l-bounces@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu [mailto:phys-l-bounces@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu] On Behalf Of David Appell
Sent: Wednesday, April 15, 2009 6:47 PM
To: Forum for Physics Educators
Subject: Re: [Phys-l] If Bob LaMontagne had blue eyes

LaMontagne, Bob wrote:
Whoa! How did "lazy black people" get into this?

That's the clear implication when you wrote, of your ancestors, "The
"system" supposedly held them down in a depressed state that they
couldn't shake off and enjoy the comforts and privileges of the "Yankee"
North Americans. And yet, some few simply refused to play the game and
got up and left."

I'd still like to know why your vaunted ancestors were able to rise
enough to send you to a state college, but not to a really good
university like Brown or Harvard or Yale. Did they just not try enough?
Not ambitious enough? Not care enough?

If they had sent you to Harvard, would you too have become a
billionaire, like Bill Gates?

David

--
David Appell, freelance science journalist
e: appell@nasw.org