Re: [Phys-l] SOLAR , NUCLEAR ENERGY etc.

In a message dated 4/11/2009 4:42:01 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
RLAMONT@providence.edu writes:

Well - we have finally gotten to the nut of the matter - redistribution of
wealth!!

Bob at PC

________________________________

From: phys-l-bounces@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu on behalf of
Spinozalens@aol.com
Sent: Sat 4/11/2009 10:57 AM
To: phys-l@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu
Subject: [Phys-l] SOLAR , NUCLEAR ENERGY etc.

This crisis will require us to get serious about transforming our energy
technologies and implementing serious energy conservation measures or we
are
headed for a global disaster, the likes of which we have never seen before
in our short time on this planet. I am not at all optimistic that our
world dominated by global capital has the capacity to even begin to make
the
needed changes.

Bob Zannelli

))))))))))))))))))))))))))

I think the history of the Mayan civilization might be pertinent here.
During the classical period of Mayan civilization there existed a powerful
priestly class that lived in great luxury. This priestly class was entitled to
a large share of the wealth produced by the peasants in payment for their
work in keeping the Sun rising every day and the land fertile. You see
these priests had an in with the various gods who controlled these things.
Well, unfortunately some kind of ecological disaster befell the Mayan people,
maybe too many wars or perhaps crop failures due to over farming and the
great and dependable work of the gods became no longer so dependable. There was
great suffering and apparently the gods were no longer listening to the
priestly class any more. Given the obvious uselessness of the priestly class
they were swept away by the peasants, no doubt with some considerable
violence. So ended the saga of the Mayans.

Bob Zannelli
**************Hurry! April 15th is almost here. File your Federal taxes
FREE with TaxACT.
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1221653545x1201423923/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fwww.taxact.com%2F08tax.asp%3Fsc%3D084102950004%26p%3D8