Re: [Phys-l] CFLs

----- Original Message ----- From: "Shapiro, Mark" <mshapiro@Exchange.FULLERTON.EDU>

No, here in southern California the subsidies come from Southern California Edison Company, which is an investor owned company. Full disclosure -- I own a substantial number of shares in SCE's parent company.

SCE finds it more profitable to subsidize CFLs than to build new electric generating plants.

OK--what do you pay for electricity? My 2008 cost was 8.3 cents/kWh in Indiana but fed primarily from a nuclear plant in Michigan. What is it running your way! Bet there is no 'free lunch' here. ;-)

Rick