Re: [Phys-l] IB Physics

I did just what is being thrown at you with moderate success for several
years. Then I retired and my successor is no longer trying it. The SL and HL
are now combined for 2 years. That has its own challenges.

The killer was when we shifted to an alternating block, but even before
that, I was well short of the required 150 hours. We did the Group 4
project outside of class (saving 10 hours) but that was not enough.

Before we started in 1991, I told the admin not to expect more than mediocre
scores. I was right.

Lobby for more time....you really need to be very efficient even with 150
hours (real hours, not class periods.) I think the new syllabus is an even
greater challenge.

Good luck,

Ken

On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 7:05 AM, Ron Curtin <