Re: [Phys-l] global temperatures -- a modest proposal

ludwik kowalski wrote:
And how would nuclear electricity compete with coal electricity today?

Personally, I think it is preferable. But a lot of people don't agree, including, it seems, the Chinese.

I just meant that after oil is gone, and perhaps before it, people will burn anything to keep warm, with little-to-no regard for the climate. (So will I, frankly.) Nuclear would be preferable to coal, but nuclear's errors are disproportionally magnified compared coal's. A Chernobyl-scale meltdown in the West would probably kill it for a long, long time.

David

--
David Appell, freelance science journalist
e: appell@nasw.org