Re: [Phys-l] Centrifugal redux

Aristotle lived from 384-322 BCE. The majority of scholars date the Pentateuch (first 5 books of Torah) (especially Genesis) from around 500 - 400 BCE, long before Aristotle.
Now, did the tribes of Judah and Israel have contact with ancient Greece? Almost certainly the two peoples had contact and trade around the time of Aristotle and many of the ancient Israelites of the time had become *Hellenized*. Later (after the time we are discussing) there was a flourishing population of Jews, in the first diasporia, living in Alexandria. That does not necessarily mean that Aristotle saw the creation story from the Torah, but it is possible that it was one of his (or his contemporaries) sources and does not rule it out from the mix.

Marty