Re: [Phys-l] Centrifugal redux

At 23:06 -0400 04/01/2009, chuck britton wrote:

The rib myth goes back as far as the Babylonians.

Yeah, but did the Greeks buy into that one, or did they have their own? How much of the Greek creation stories were patterned on those Middle-Eastern stories? I've read a bit of Greek mythology, and don't recall ever reading a creation story among them, although I'm sure they have them. It's not hard, from reading Greek mythology, that they weren't overly concerned about creation, and were not unhappy with "coming in in the middle of the story."

Hugh
--
Hugh Haskell
mailto:hugh@ieer.org

So-called "global warming" is just a secret ploy by wacko tree-huggers to make America energy independent, clean our air and water, improve the fuel efficiency of our vehicles, kick-start 21st-century industries, and make our cities safer. Don't let them get away with it!!

Chip Giller, Founder, Grist.org