Re: [Phys-l] What's the point of teaching to the test whenit's graded inaccurately?

JC said;
"This is because while they have good statisticians, they do not have
people
who actually do
research in the education in these fields."

Really?

"The ETS Research & Development division provides R & D to support
existing
assessments, to develop future products and services, and to advance
educational measurement and policy research worldwide.
In addition, ETS researchers and analysts regularly publish reports that
contribute to the policy debate on pressing educational issues. To ensure
that they remain up-to-date, innovative and flexible, our research teams
collaborate with other research organisations around the world that are
engaged in similar pursuits.
The R&D division at ETS is comprised of dedicated centres for:

a.. Assessment research
b.. Statistical analysis and psychometrics research
c.. Assessment innovations and technology transfer
d.. Data analysis research
e.. Global assessments
f.. Learning and teaching research"

M. Horton

Where are the PER papers? Have they contributed at the PER conferences? Do
they have the ability to conduct student interviews to check what the
questions are really testing? I have been contacted by PER researchers to
give test questions in my classes, but never by ETS.

John M. Clement
Houston, TX