Re: [Phys-l] Irreducible Representation of the Poincare Group and Time

In a message dated 3/7/2009 9:52:21 AM Eastern Standard Time,
RBZannelli@AOL.COM writes:

In this post I will make bring forth some interesting facts about mass.
Often we gloss over the difference between mass and energy in physics, lumping
the two together as if they were different names for the same thing. However, I
would suggest that doing this misses, or at least de-emphasizes, some
interesting and potentially useful relationships. In particular the relationship
between mass and the arrow of time. In fact I will suggest with the examples I
will give that a deep connection exists between mass and time. However before
I start, I think we need to define mass in terms of the covariant four
vector formalism. From Special Relativity we have;

M= (1/c)*[ P^mu*P_mu}

M= (1/c)*sqrt[ P^mu*P_mu}

Bob Zannelli

steps!