Re: [Phys-l] Inquiry

Hi all-
I think we can make this discussion more concrete.
I am trying to write a calculus text that is intended to be read, and in the reading to teach the student how to read. So invite eacdh of you to try Chapter 1 of the text by reading through it and working all the examples (est. time for a teacher, 45 minutes). You may even want to try it out on some of your students.
I will greatly value your opinions as to how well the design of the book helps implement my goals.
The introduction and first two chapters are at
http://www.hep.anl.gov/jlu/index.html
click under "book", either postscript of .pdf

The introduction has some possibly helpful comments as to how to read the book. Chapter 3 is also available on the same websiqte.