Re: [Phys-l] Students' READING abilities

On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 4:51 AM, Joseph Bellina <jbellina@saintmarys.edu> wrote:
Don't know if this is really true, but I recall someone saying once
that the language load in an intro physics course was larger than the
language load in an intro modern language course.  If so, that does
say something about our expectations.

Hi Joe and all

Might anyone know of the reference for the intriguing statement in
Joe's comment above? I'm planning a program with a
linguist/mathematician to teach calculus and physics, where we are
going to learn and use linguistics to help work through many of the
issues brought up in this very interesting thread.

sincerely,
Krishna

Krishna Chowdary
Faculty, Math & Physics