From: "Jeffrey Schnick" <JSchnick@Anselm.Edu>
To: "Forum for Physics Educators" <phys-l@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu>
Sent: Thursday, February 05, 2009 10:30 AM
Subject: Re: [Phys-l] Physics First Revisited

Perhaps what is needed is for someone to develop a physics reading
program for grades 2 through 6. It could amount to something as simple
as a set of exercises in which pupils are asked in writing to make a
prediction and then try it and see what happens. It needs to be called
a reading program (a) because it is more likely to be accepted if it is
advertised as being a reading program and (b) because it is in the
reading part of their classes that students are placed in groups of
peers that are at about the same academic level thus making it more
likely to be successful since each group could be working on the part of
the program appropriate that group's current intellectual stage of
development. It needs to be good so that when a small group of schools
try it, scores on reading and math tests go through the roof.