Re: [Phys-l] science education goals and strategies

Let me point out a major logical flaw in the dialogu:

On Sat, 31 Jan 2009, Philip Keller wrote:

Two comments come to mind:(quoting in relevant context...)

1. About "spiraling": I agree that you have a better understanding
the second, third, nth time you study something.
I remember how little I understood during my first years TEACHING physics.
To me, this also relates to the question discussed...
The switch from the second person to the first person between the first two statements is telling. My response is, "No Philip, Your response is not necessarily6 indicative of the majority response of students!"
Regards,
Jack