Re: [Phys-l] Nurture vs Nature (Was:Student engagement)

At 15:51 -0600 12/08/2009, John Clement wrote:

What about physicists and chemists. We invented much more efficient killing
machines. Biologists are not far behind. About the only people you can not
blame for modern society's ills are the Amish.

Except for those bloody space heaters that purportedly produce 50% more heat energy than the electricity they consume. If the money spent on ads for those infernal devices was available to the federal government we could cut our deficit to zero :-). I'm all for jobs for the Amish, but I think we have to draw the line at repeal of the First law of Thermodynamics.

Hugh

--
Hugh Haskell
mailto:hugh@ieer.org

So-called "global warming" is just a secret ploy by wacko tree-huggers to make America energy independent, clean our air and water, improve the fuel efficiency of our vehicles, kick-start 21st-century industries, and make our cities safer. Don't let them get away with it!!

Chip Giller, Founder, Grist.org