Re: [Phys-l] Which is the most E efficient?

Instead of venting it, a portable fan aimed at the shower stall will dry about as well and not exhaust expensively warmed air with the added advantage of humidifying. In summer venting is "good".

I don't think she has a dish washer. We first run the express wash a few min. to well soak the dishes and shut it off w/ the hot water and chemical on the dishes and in the sump. After a time we drain and then run the complete 20' express cycle. When ended we open the door after tipping the concave surfaces, a general shake, and a drain. Rarely do we run the 2 h. double cycle. I've found about 1/2 the recommended chemical does an adequate job.

Return: Venting the clothes dryer to indoor would, to use the military term, surge the humidity!

I think her house is very leaky and she's probably eligible for the tax credit to plug them (double glazed, I don't remember.)

bc's house completely double glazed and two doors replaced at great expense and he didn't collect a tax credit.

p.s. I'm cured of ever using the heated dry after ruining a rare plastic popcorn serving container. I use the stove top popper to serve after running cold water on it. I discovered it works well w/ o any oil! Now can't stand salted buttered popcorn!