[Phys-l] Which is the most E efficient?

Well, ... since none of you answered my question on adding dissipation to my equation of motion of a coupled cart oscillator, I try again w/ another question.

This one is easy, IT.

Friend is poverty stricken retired school librarian (Seattle pub. school -- was long ago Gate Keeper Seese's master teacher in SF) wants to know if running a teakettle to humidify very dry ambience instead of purchasing a pricey humidifier would be satisfactory. Would aiming a fan at a wet towel dipped in pan of water be more or less efficient?. Assume both sources of "heat" are the same (forsooth, oil and electricity).

bc thinks an ultrasonic (most pricey?) would be the most efficient, and thinks he knows all the factors to do the calc., but is lazy.