Re: [Phys-l] format for lab reports

I sent the below to a former supervisor, and he replied:

Dear Bernard,
I may have contributed to the problem by letting
students use LaTeX for my labs and making it
available to them. Later, it became
required and perfect format became expected.
I had not intended for that to happen.
I always felt it was important to write well,
but that formatting was less important. Writing
is important no matter what career the students
end up in (well, most at least).
Best wishes,
Dave

bc