Re: [Phys-l] format for lab reports

General Physics is a place to learn physics - not become professional scientists.

I think the institution of the Journal Format on all the reports in the Advanced Lab contributed to my early retirement. One (of three or four and one with an emphasis on stats.) yes!

The faculty that pushed for this have the mistaken idea that all the students will become academic researchers, yeah. Those can learn it quickly enuff in grad. school. I did.