Re: [Phys-l] God as an explanation (WAS: Darwinism underattack?andthephysicsclassroom)

Feynman strongly recommends* that students practice differentiation, etc. so they can go: d/dt[1 + 2t]^3 = 6(1+2t)^2 Bing! by using a flash card. Etc., etc.

I needed to find the diff. of a series of coefficients for a fit, kicked my self because I had to look up d/db [ a * X ^ b].

* Tips on Physics "Practicing algebra and calculus in this dull way-- that's the first thing."

bc