Re: [Phys-l] Physics job opening in Texas for 2008-09

BC scores a bullseye!

Bob at PC

________________________________

From: phys-l-bounces@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu on behalf of Bernard Cleyet
Sent: Mon 7/21/2008 2:22 AM
To: Forum for Physics Educators
Subject: Re: [Phys-l] Physics job opening in Texas for 2008-09

I don't think it's lack of taught conception, it's lack of "love".
testable -- is a love of science from an early age a significant
prerequisite?

bc was an amateur "scientist" from as far back as he can distinctly
remember (3rd grade).

p.s. :

And at this point in time students in Russia are generally
not going into science or engineering as a career choice,
similarly to the
US.

Did they ever? Do they anywhere?