Re: [Phys-l] Is evolution something to believe in?

Hi all-
1. "Incompatible" in the context of a conclusory statement standing alone, is both pompous and meaningless. In the context of the referenced discussion, it takes on some meaning.
In the context of physics, it is basically irrelevant, because to so-called incompatibility does not, as far as I've been able to discover, impede our understanding of any observable physical phenomena.
Whether the difficulties are "serious" or not seems to be dependent upon the kind of "spin" one tries to put upon the difficulties.
2. In this connection, one should not forget the fact that there are still debates about our understanding of ordinary non-relativistic quantum mechanics, having to do with such matters as "collalpse of the wave function". These debates do not seem to impede our ability to do physics.
Regards,
Jack