Re: [Phys-l] Global Warming [was: Is evolution something tobelievein?]

----- Original Message ----- From: "Alfredo Louro" <louro.alfredo@gmail.com>
To: "Forum for Physics Educators" <phys-l@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu>
Sent: Friday, April 04, 2008 3:17 PM
Subject: Re: [Phys-l] Global Warming [was: Is evolution something tobelievein?]

Here's what you wrote to me:

I don't know why in the hell you forwarded a private message to Tap-L which
isn't even the list on which this thread was taking place.

followed by yet another diatribe against Al Gore and the IPCC

No diatribe--legitimate criticism of Gore. Plenty of serious criticisms here

http://article.nationalreview.com/?q=YmFiZDAyMWFhMGIxNTgwNGIyMjVkZjQ4OGFiZjFlNjc

has many references. I don't think I said anything about the IPCC, but I could. ;-)

Here's what I wrote back to you:

I'm sorry, I often make the mistake that when a message is sent to me
and the list I end up only replying to the original sender, and I
thought this was the case. I didn't realize this was a private
communication. In fact, I still don't quite understand why it should
be. Why would you object to your message being read by anyone but me?
It seemed to give your position on the global warming debate, and I
responded to it. You didn't want anyone else to read it, why?

I haven't gotten this note back--maybe stuck in my spam filter--if so, I appologize.

When I (or anyone) takes a conversation off-line--responding only to the sender, it is proper etiquette to ask whether one can share that conversation with others. I was detailing things that I have either already shared with these groups or choose not to share (my business).

I've had quite enough of this too.

THE END

Rick