[Phys-l] Darwin, Republican, Democrats

Well _some_ Republicans don't believe in evolution, but both Democratic candidates seem to be against the Yucca Mountain nuclear depository which, if cancelled, would waste billions of dollars and set back any chance of viable nuclear waste storage for another decade or two. So take your pick of 'scientific' topics and you'll find any candidate out there is at odds with something you 'believe' in. I do think that the anti-evolutionists are gone now (well being politicians, they can all lie so well it is hard to know what any of them actually believe) but one should look at stands on other technical and scientific issues as well. I doubt that there are any stereo-types (other than mine above ;-) that truly hold. Then again, there are those Texans......

Rick

Richard W. Tarara
Professor of Physics
Saint Mary's College