[Phys-l] A physicist that has written 200 books

Is there anybody out there that has heard of "a physicist that has
written two hundredth (sic) books" and, besides, supports the
findings of a Dr. Masaru Emoto who has found "hidden
messages in the water" in his photographs of water crystals? I've
heard of the physicist in a local radio program. I'm intrigued by the
existence of such a physicist, not by the Emoto "findings", but if
someone wants to give two cents to pseudoscience it's OK by me.

Fabian Barba

<<He began by writing phrases like "thank you" and "you

fool" in various languages on paper and placing the paper

under the distilled water samples, and his published photos

below (Emoto, Messages 7) show a surprising result.

Samples that had been exposed to the words "thank you"

exhibited beautiful crystals, while samples that had been

exposed to the words "you fool" would not form crystals at

all.

<<Encouraged by his findings, Emoto began studying the

effects of prayer, blessings, and spoken words. Not

surprisingly, his results indicated that water crystal

formation was also sensitive to these things--yielding his

current hypothesis; "Molecules of water are affected by our

thoughts, words, and feelings." (Emoto, Messages cover)

<<Dr. Emoto's published method of obtaining photographs of

crystals involves a relatively simple and inexpensive

process. 0.5 mL samples of liquid water from a specific

sample are placed on 100 petri dishes that are then frozen

and stored at a temperature of -25°C for three hours in a

freezer. A sample is removed from the freezer for

observation under a microscope with a camera in a room

with a constant temperature of -5°C. As the microscope's

light melts the top of the sample, crystals are observed and

photos are taken (Emoto, Healing 2).>>

Are Dr. Masaru Emoto's Fantastic Claims Actually Real?

by Kristopher Setchfield, BA, Health Science

Natural Science Department

Castleton State College, Vermont

in http://www.is-masaru-emoto-for-real.com/