Re: [Phys-l] Intelligent designists fight back

I don't know nor have I ever heard of any state mandated test that is graded or even touched by an individual teacher. In fact, if a teacher so much as opens or breaks the seal on the test he will be fired and the school is in deep trouble, as happened a few years ago in the city where I used to teach. It is the same in every state of which I am aware. The tests are sealed and the folder they are in is sealed and the whole thing is sent to an independent contractor for grading by machine. Writing samples are taken to the independent contractor which hires retired teachers to read and grade the writing essays.

Marty

Jack Uretsky wrote:

Hi all-
Even though there are some state-mandated standards, a state cannot control a public-school teacher's grading of a test. So, see below: