From: Richard Grandy <rgrandy@rice.edu>
To: Forum for Physics Educators <phys-l@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu>
Sent: Friday, November 7, 2008 2:03:29 PM
Subject: Re: [Phys-l] force or mass

In my arithmetic 365-2 = 363, which isn't divisible by 7.

--------

Similarly, there was movement that in the early eighties for
calendar reform. It was going to change the calendar so that it had
two non-day-of-the-week days over the year so that the remaining
year would be evenly divisible by seven. Then, a particular date
would always happen on the same day of the week. It was really
gaining momentum for it's convenience.

Computers, specifically Excel, killed the movement.

Zeke Kossover