Loudoun County Public Schools
Academy of Science
dan.crowe@loudoun.k12.va.us
"Rick Tarara" <rtarara@saintmarys.edu> 11/04/08 1:25 PM >>>

----- Original Message -----
From: "Hugh Haskell" <hhaskell@mindspring.com>

At 10:46 -0600 11/4/08, Paul Lulai wrote:

Regarding re-teaching: In my opinion... a big problem a lot of teachers
are a slave to the textbook. For some reason each science textbook
seems to start with the blasted metric system. For crying out loud,
skip it. Measurement, skip it. Conversions, skip it. Trig, skip it.
Teach them in the course (my opinion).

I'll go farther than Hugh--you can't (or shouldn't) skip any of this--but
you can be extremely light on the Trig.