To: "Forum for Physics Educators" <phys-l@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu>
Sent: Monday, December 24, 2007 10:31 AM
Subject: Re: [Phys-l] Sharing a problem for students

On Dec 24, 2007, at 9:24 AM, Bob Sciamanda wrote:

. . .I still don't appreciate your sense of a "paradox" here.

Dear Bob,
1) What is the better word than paradox?
On one hand we know that the net force must be zero at a potential
minimum, on the other hand we know that the net force, G*M*m/r^2, is
not zero.
Ludwik Kowalski, a retired physicist
5 Horizon Road, apt. 2702, Fort Lee, NJ, 07024, USA
Also an amateur journalist at http://csam.montclair.edu/~kowalski/cf/