Re: [Phys-l] EM, is it energy

Quoting "LaMontagne, Bob" <RLAMONT@providence.edu>:
?? If the wave is traveling through empty space, what are these "forces"
acting upon? Do you mean fields?

Wave is energy? Guess it depends on what the definition of "is" is! Oops
- I guess this is more appropriate for the PHYSOC list

Bob at PC

This was quoted from BBC News: (Not my idea!)

Ironically, many physicists prefer to consider energy as an "abstract concept", yet explain the flow of energy through Poynting vector as if it is a material being. Poynting Vector gives the direction of flow of "abstract concept"?

Alphonsus