Re: [Phys-l] Real Tire Data

People who notice such things will realize that the 'aspect' of modern tires is shifting away from the tires of yesteryear.

A GoodYear Guru tells me that this is for economy (of driving) rather than 'just' style.
Sidewall flexing is a significant energy lose.
The 'thin' tires gives a rougher ride - but modern suspensions can smooth it out cheaper than taller sidewalls could.