Re: [Phys-l] plotting software?

I assume you have worked within Excel to change the default graph more
to your liking. If you have not done this, you might want to give it a
try before buying or learning something else. I generally change almost
everything... range of the axes, line width, size/shape of the
data-point markers, etc. Once the graph is "doctored" to the way I like
it, I find it can be "publication quality" when printed on a laser
printer.

It is clear there are many complication scientific graphs that Excel
cannot do properly, and Origin our similar software would be better for
these. But the original message said "I don't need a lot of bells and
whistles, just some nice quality graphs." I think you can make Excel do
that, and it doesn't take that much effort, unless you are way more
picky than I am.

Michael D. Edmiston, Ph.D.
Professor of Chemistry and Physics
Bluffton University