Re: [Phys-l] Motion in 1D, vectors and vector components

Hi all-
But why introduce the name ``vector'' at all, when discussing one-dimensional motion?
Follow Aarons' principles, don't introduce a concept until you need it, and be sure to teach the concept before giving the name.
I think the sequence is done correctly and well in <The Mechanical Univesrse>.
Regards,
Jack