Re: [Phys-l] two kinds of electrical charge ????????

3) I'd be interested to hear briefly: What text are you using, and how
does it handle this issue?

Randy Knight's "Physics for Scientists and Engineers: A Strategic Approach"
does make the assertion (on page 786) that "there are two and only two
kinds of charge" which conclusion is arrived at by simple experiments. He
does add at the bottom of the page that "while the charge model is
consistent with the observations, it is by no means proved. One could
easily imagine other hypotheses that are just as consistent with the
limited observations we have made so far."

Larry