Re: [Phys-l] radio vs. light

At 03:06 PM 7/19/2007, you wrote:
I do NOT intend to defend this Sciam article....
I don't think the author understands this - he seems to believe in
some more fundamental (and fictional) difference between light and
radio radiation.

Bob Sciamanda

I haven't read the piece in question, but I can certainly confirm
there is a rather fundamental difference between a typical radio beam
and a typical light ray - one that determines the ability to interfere in fact.
That quality is coherence: rather difficult to make a radio beam incoherent,
rather difficult to make a light beam coherent before the last half century.

Brian Whatcott Altus OK Eureka!