Re: [Phys-l] Concept questions for advanced level physics courses, "

Mano Singham, in his POD post titled "Re: Concept questions for advanced level physics courses," wrote:

"Your colleague won't go far wrong with anything that has been done by Arnold Arons. Although Arons did not deal exclusively with modern physics, see
<http://www.wiley.com/college/math/phys/cg/sales/arons/arons.html>
for a description of a book that deals with how to teach introductory physics and has a whole suite of problems and questions. There may be other books by him too. In my opinion, Arons is far and away the most thoughtful person I know on how to teach conceptual thinking in physics."

I enthusiastically agree with Mano. For more on the late great Arnold Arons see "The Arons Advocated Method " [Hake (2004)].

24245 Hatteras Street, Woodland Hills, CA 91367
<rrhake@earthlink.net>
<http://www.physics.indiana.edu/~hake>
<http://www.physics.indiana.edu/~sdi>