Re: [Phys-l] CFLs again

On May 21, 2007, at 9:35 AM, Bob Sciamanda wrote:

For a digital wattmeter that displays V, I, f, P, E, PF, and more for
any plug-in 120V appliance see the "Kill-A-Watt" by P3 International.
Perhaps the best price is at:

<http://www.supermediastore.com/kilwateldet1.html? WT.mc_id=AdWordsKillaWattkillawatt&WT.srch=1&gclid=CL-1- fmtn4wCFQGPWAodwm8k5w>

A calorimeter is probably the most reliable E-meter when very rapid load fluctuations take place. I am thinking about loads like an arc lamp with carbon electrodes. But calorimetry becomes more and more difficult when thermal energy is released at lower and lower mean power (fractions of watt).
Ludwik Kowalski, a retired physicist
5 Horizon Road, apt. 2702, Fort Lee, NJ, 07024, USA
Also an amateur journalist at http://csam.montclair.edu/~kowalski/cf/