Re: [Phys-l] CFLs again

Bernard asks:

-----Original Message-----
From: phys-l-bounces@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu
[mailto:phys-l->bounces@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu] On Behalf Of Bernard
Cleyet

bc wishes to know the method GSJ used to measure power.

Students put an ammeter in series with the lamp, and voltmeter in
parallel. Both were digital multimeters reading true RMS current and
voltage. P = IV

BTW - students were given the assignment to test the lamps. They had to
propose their own protocol.

refering to quantum mechanics: "I don't like it,
and I'm sorry I ever had anything to do with it."
-- Erwin Schroedinger

Dr. George Spagna
Chair, Physics Department
Randolph-Macon College