Re: [Phys-l] Strobe makes aluminum can go "ting"

Think this is momentum transfer from the light, a la the "strobe and black
frying pan" trick? I recall many of the theories already posited here
being fiarly well debunked in a paper on that phenomenon - their
conclusion was momentum transfer. Unfortunately, I couldn't find it again
in a cursory Google search.

Josh Gates
Stoneleigh-Burnham School
Greenfield MA