Re: [Phys-l] Time Outside of Class

Of course we could all go the NSDAP way and just send them to the gas chambers. Not to accommodate is just a lesser form, nicht wahr?

bc, thinks people have a problem w/ differences, especially uncomfortable ones.

John Clement wrote:

My statement that was replied to is very true. Now it may also be true that
they have reclassified students who need special schooling, but that was not
just because of the lawyers, but probably because the parents wanted it, and
because it was a lot less expensive for the school system.

Notice that I did NOT say that special education should not be done. I did
say that traditionally it had not been done, so parents sued to at least
have the right to put their children into regular classes. Again, my
personal example was not addressed. The school tried to deny my daughter
advanced classes even though she could clearly handle them. They claimed
that LD students could not handle advanced courses. The public school
tested my daughter, and did not find any problems, despite the fact that the
difficulties were obvious. So we had to spend $$$ for a private diagnosis,
and then for private therapy. None of this was provided by the school
system.

I have had a lot of personal experience with how the system and individual
teachers have tried to deny the necessary accommodations to my children.

cut