Re: [Phys-l] Precession

Hi-
Here is the introduction to the Wikipedia article:

he Great Global Warming Swindle is a documentary film by British television producer Martin Durkin which argues against prominent scientific views on global warming. While publicity for the program states that the mainstream theory of global warming is "a lie" and "the biggest scam of modern times,"[1]its accuracy has been disputed on several points, and the film has been criticised for being one-sided. Channel 4, who screened the documentary, described the film as "essentially a polemic and we are expecting it to cause trouble, but this is the controversial programming that Channel 4 is renowned for."[2]

The 75 minute film premiered on Channel 4 in the United Kingdom on March 8, 2007.

The film showcases scientists, economists, writers, and others who are sceptical of various scientific pronouncements on global warming.

Real science is being done by the teams who are doing the deep core samples. Thesese have been reported in Nature and elsewhere. I suggest that familiarity with these data can illuminate the discussion and give teachers an chance to exemplify for their students the rational way to discuss scientific matters.
Regards,
Jack