Re: [Phys-l] Mythbusters

David,

I've been a physics teacher for 36 years & thoroughly enjoy Mythbusters. My students do watch it and often want to talk about what they have seen. For the last two years I have been teaching pre-engineering instead of physics. It is a college techprep series of courses taught in high school. The students are in to "hands-on" to a greater extent than my physics students were. Many of them have said they have tried to duplicate some of the things Adam and Jamie do. Our classes are a part of a national pre-engineering curriculum called Project Lead the Way (PLTW) If you want to increase teacher/student input into your research I could forward your email to the PLTW listserv

Bill Reitz
Hoover HS
North Canton, OH

David Appell wrote:
I'm a science journalist working on an article idea. I was wondering if any of you (high school or college) incorporate the Discovery Channel show "Mythbusters" into your physics lessons. Is the show popular among your students? Do you discuss topics that appear on the show, and the science content behind the various projects? That sort of thing....

Email me directly, or to the list. Thanks.

David