To: <phys-l@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu>
Sent: Tuesday, February 20, 2007 6:17 PM
Subject: Re: [Phys-l] Space Balloon

I seem to have missed a few threads, but reading through this email, i seem
to feel the urge to think out loud in the hope that my confusion can be
clarified!

Firstly, in relation to this "equivalence principal", i cannot see how it
could be stated that if the spacecraft/car accelerates toward the "front",
then the balloon would also move to the "front".
The reason for my confusion on this one is that if the vehicle is moving
forward, the balloon should not travel in the same direction- it should
travel in the opposite direction- towards the "back".