Re: [Phys-l] FW: universal gravitation lab

On Feb 12, 2007, at 9:03 AM, Paul Lulai wrote:

Part of the frustration comes from the "prove Cavendish" lab. Pretty
sure I am not going to disprove Cavendish as a ~19 year old b.s.
student.

Granted. And this is surely true for virtually any laboratory exercise performed in the undergraduate curriculum. Nevertheless, few things send larger chills up and down my spine than literally seeing two tiny balls moving closer together under the influence of their own gravitational attraction.

John Mallinckrodt

Professor of Physics, Cal Poly Pomona
<http://www.csupomona.edu/~ajm>

and