Re: [Phys-l] Physics Refresher

This is in response to the e-mail below which asks for special help.

The textboook that you picked up is EXCELLENT but if you have been out of

the mainstream of physics teaching for so many years, it is essential
that
you start on some less demanding tasks at first. For example:

1. Obtain a copy of the most recent high school physics textbook ,
"Conceptual Physics (8th edition)."
by Paul Hewitt, Published 2006, Prentice Hall publisher. This book
contains the topics ,
homework assignments, and the basic mathematics needed for the typical
high school
physics course.

2. Obtain a copy of the most recent high school physics review book
"UPCO's Physics "
by Gottlieb, Published 2006, United Publishing Company Inc., Phone 518
438 1600 .

This inexpensive book, costing less than $10, contains a detailed
outline of
the topics covered in a typical high school physics course, together with
lots
of short answer and probing questions, reference tables, and a glossary
of
special vocabulary terms used in physics textbooks. (Also, It costs less
than
$10 and since I am the author of this book, I get a royalty of a few
cents for
each book sold).