Re: [Phys-l] (no subject)

There are a number of glass cleaning procedures used when preparing glass for use in ultra-high vacuum. As I recall there was a book by Rosebury they described them. Often they involved rinsing the boiling dilute nitric acid, dilute ammonium hydroxide, and then several rinses with good boiling distilled water. You of course, need a hood.

cheers.

Joseph J. Bellina, Jr. Ph.D.
Professor of Physics
Saint Mary's College